Sunday, May 17, 2009

And so it begins....

The much talked-about and very eagerly anticipated east coast adventure has begun!
For the next 4 weeks, I am traveling on my own - shooting, working, seeing friends/family, exploring, and basically having a grand old time all over the eastern part of the United States. And when I say "all over", I mean it. Over the course of a month, I will travel as far north as Vermont and as far south as Florida. I am starting in Brattleboro, Vermont, then going to Baltimore, Maryland, then to NYC ("But Clare, isn't that going WAY south and then really near where you started?" you might ask...). From there, I'll fly to Raleigh, North Carolina, rent a car, and drive to Georgia to shoot a wedding, and then head a smidge further south to Sarasota, Florida. After spending time with my brother, sister-in-law, and niece in the Sunshine State, I will do the only logical thing based on spatial reasoning, and spend the next three days driving back to New York. After a few more photoshoots in New York, I'll have a couple of days to saunter back down to Raleigh (yes, the trip was indeed planned by Mad Hatter Travel) to get on a flight back to Seattle.

Two days in, wacky travel schedule aside, I have no doubt that I am where I am supposed to be.
Vermont is a beautiful state. I am staying with two (and a half) of my favorite people in the world, my cousin, Joe, his beautiful wife, Heidi, and their insanely gorgeous daughter, Hana.
They live in Brattleboro, a quaint and artsy town on the border of New Hampshire and near Massachusetts (cue Dream Academy's "Life in a Northern Town" circa 1987); mountains, river, covered bridges, church steeples, art galleries, and a Bush-Cheney indictment for war crimes. You gotta love it here. You should check out my cousin's website here. It's hilarious and will give you a great overview of this place.

Anyway, expect to hear from me soon. Also, expect to see photos of Vermont and the natural beauty that abounds. However, all I want to share right now are these great photos of Joe, Heidi, and Hana.

Enjoy!









No comments: